Friday, July 1, 2016

Ombre Colors of Christmas

This week we're bringing you an inspiration photo to kick-start your Christmas creativity.

You may decide to go with an Ombre color palette ... or pops of color with lots of white ... or even be inspired by that cute little house sitting on the shelves ... just make sure and let us know how the photo inspired your design.


Here is how we were inspired:


Stephanie says, "I'm often a bit of a *literalist* when it comes to inspiration photos.  I sponged four colors of Distress Ink onto cardstock (overlapping the hues to create the transition colors) and then die-cut my tree.  I splattered lots of water to create a bokeh-like effect with the inks and then decorated my tree by covering it with Clear Swirl Bling from Eyelet Outlet.  I added the wood panel to bring in the texture of the island and blinds using a Sketch from The Paper Players."


Lauren says, "I can be fairly literal, too, but in my case the aspect of the photo that really caught my attention was the dramatic rainbow of baubles, so I decided to make some of my own and arrange them in a sort of cascade. I traced a few sizes of circle template onto scraps of watercolor paper painted with different shades of Color Burst Pigment Powders mixed with water. Then I stenciled a bit of white modeling paste onto each bauble. They make a bold statement, so I finished the card with a couple of mats, including a luscious dark wood grain paper which resembles the furniture in the background of the inspiration pic."


We can't wait to see how you're inspired by the photo.  Link your cards here by 6pm (EST) on Wednesday, July 13th.  Keyword for galleries & Flickr is JB:16:14.


6 comments:

Mimi said...

You girls have outdone yourselves... these are both some of my faves!

Barbara Godden said...

both gorgeous cards but I'm stumped this week, we will see what transpires.

Electra said...

OMG, these are beautiful!!!

Graciellie Design said...

I so want to join this challenge but my time has been limited! I will do my best to share a card with you before it closes! Hugs.

Anonymous said...

beautiful cards and inspiration photo!

Di said...

Gorgeous cards and what an inspirational photo too!

Hugs

Di xx