Friday, November 14, 2014

Still Outdoors

We've been ♥LOVING♥ all the amazing ways you guys have found to incorporate The Great Outdoors into your holiday greetings! We were so inspired, we came up with a second round of cards ourselves! :)


Shanna says, "Over the last couple of winters, I have spent a significant amount of time in the great outdoors learning to RIDE! There have been bumps and bruises (thank goodness for helmets), sore muscles (remind me to tell you about the time I couldn't lift my leg high enough to put my sock on!), massage therapy, physiotherapy (for an injury sustained from trying to catch myself from falling yet again!), and LOTS and LOTS of soaks in a tub containing epsom salts. Can you say mid-life crisis?!?! I can't explain wanting to learn to snowboard at 30-something any other way! In the end though, I can't explain how very gratifying it was to finally get it! Anyhow...a few weeks ago I got my hands on a new winter sports themed stamp/die set from Simon Says Stamp and was itching to play. This was the perfect opportunity to try out my new snowboard dies! The snow is falling here in Canada, it won't be long until we can get geared up and hit the slopes!"


Stephanie says, "I love when a stamp is so well-designed that the card almost makes itself. Artistic Outpost Snowy Woods is stamped in navy with a bit of color and sparkle from gold & clear Wink of Stella pens."


Lauren says, "I was inspired by the current photo and sketch from Fusion Card Challenge, "Embossed Ombre". I combined part of a freebie Christmas card, a page from an old Ideals magazine, and a strategically trimmed piece of patterned paper... all in shades of blue with snowy trees; then added a tree diecut from layers of lacy doily as a finishing touch."

1 comment:

Optimistic Existentialist said...

This makes me feel Christmasy. Only 38 more days!!! :-)