Friday, August 2, 2013

Home For The Holidays

There's just something about being Home for the Holidays ... so that's the theme (and feeling) we're celebrating with our next prompt.  We're asking you to:

Make a card with a house on it 
OR 
Make a card with the word "HOME" on it 
OR 
Make a card that references building materials of some sort, such as wood-grain paper, a brick embossing folder, etc.

Here's our take on this trifecta theme:


Lauren says, "I'm pretty proud that I managed to (somewhat accidentally!) work in all three elements of the prompt this week: Adorable die-cut house? Check! Rub-on sentiment which includes the word 'home'? You betcha! Woodgrain-patterned cardstock? Ok, yeah, it's rather subtle in the background, but it is there! Multiple missions accomplished!"



Stephanie says, "I love my peaceful card design that for me evokes the feeling of being safely tucked in at home for the holidays.  I used a 4"x 8" horizontal card design, so I could feature as much as possible of this wonderful glittery snowy house border sticker.  I added 3-D Christmas tree & North Pole stickers, together with a tiny stamped peaceful sentiment from A Muse ... AND all of it was put together on a piece of designer paper from my scrap bin (love when that happens).

So whether it's Santa's House at the North Pole ... or a cozy Gingerbread House ... or wonderful wood-grain paper ... we can't wait to see what you create.

Link your Home for the Holidays card up by 6pm EST on Wednesday, August 14th.   Keyword for galleries and our Flickr Group is JB:13:16.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow, stunning cards Stef and Lauren!! This is a great challenge and since I missed playing along with last weeks I am definitely squeezing in my Jingle Belles time this weekend!

Marianne said...

These are both wonderful cards, ladies. Cannot believe I did not manage to participate in the last challenge despite being on a 2-week break. Hope I'll be able to join in this fortnight.

Marianne said...

I haven't been playing this year but this theme caught my eye so I think you will be seeing something from me this time.

Crafty Math Chick said...

Now I have 'There's noth-thing like home, for the Hol-i-days...' going in my head, LOL! Thanks for the fun challenge! Lovely samples from your DT!

Rose said...

lol now that song is stuck in my head also!!!
fantastic cards girls :)